Monday 5 October 2015

Nigerian Salad

How to make Nigerian salad

If you’d guessed salad was going to be my next post then you are so right. I just couldn't afford to let the remaining vegetables used for the chicken shawarma go to waste - food recycling. I had to put it to good use. It is difficult to get Africans to eat salad but thanks to the ‘get fit’ obsession going around. Most people are now trying to ‘get fit’ so why not me hey? Nigerian salad comprises of many vegetables and one important salad dressing ‘Heinz salad cream’. I couldn't bring myself to eating salad when I was very young, as all that kept staring at me in the face was just greens and a tangy sour salad dressing. In fact I have a very memorable story about me and salad. It is too embarrassing to share on here. Maybe I would share it someday, I might just do so watch the space. lolI gave some ingredients a miss for this simple recipe as I just did a clear out of what I have basically in my fridge. I purposely did not add sweet corn to the salad as I was too lazy to open the can, I also didn't add the corned beef as it would make me fatter. Lol and I won’t have any use for what might be remaining of the corned beef in the next few days. Don’t judge me yet, I'm just trying to maintain my height and complexion if you know what I mean. I’ll not be specifying the amount of ingredients needed as you can be the judge of what you  need depending on the numbers of people you will be catering for.Without further ado, let’s get on to business. Click link to continue to recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment