Thursday 24 July 2014

Thankful...



I celebrated my birthday on Tuesday 22nd July 2014 and it happened to be the weekday I was born   (Tuesday). To be honest, I was dreading the day because I've busy counting my problems and not my blessings. I told myself in pretence that I'm counting my blessings, but what can I say I'm human.
I forgot how strong I have become, in my head it was all about numbers and achievements. One of my good friends (Ownyee) called me on my birthday and reminded me that, I'm not where I used to be because she remembered what I was last year. Oluwabunmi would also say to me ‘babe chill out and take a rest’, she’s like my alarm clock, always keeping me in check.
In life, when things are not going the way we plan or wish, we forget the plans of God in our lives. It is true I'm not where I think I should be and many times, my smiles covers my worries and fears but the truth is, I'm getting better every day and I'm better off than last year. All these thoughts and many more made me sit and actually count my blessings. I have many things to be thankful for, but I have narrowed it down to 28 things that I'm grateful for.

1.       I'm thankful for my family and friends
2.       Thankful for where God brought me from and where I am now
3.       For my soul mate, my number one man... Baba Aladuke
4.       For my daughter, my little sunshine
5.       For the grace of God upon me
6.       My siblings and parents
7.       For good health
8.       For my job
9.       For my blog
10.   Thankful because I'm a good cook (ask my FAF...wink...)
11.   For the church of God
12.   For all the senses in my body
13.   For my body.... proud to be curvy
14.   For the daily knowledge I gain
15.   For the music I listen to especially gospel they lift my spirit.
16.   I'm thankful because I'm a woman and a mother
17.   Thankful for all my mistakes, they have made me stronger
18.   Really thankful for the me-time I get
19.   Thankful for my bed. It is not the best or the most comfortable but I wouldn't trade it for a hospital or prison bed.
20.   For the roof over my head, sometimes I think I'm actually bigger than the house. Lol
21.   Thankful for the internet and social networks
22.   I'm thankful for God, He took me out of my dark rain
23.   For all the great men and women of God I grew up to know and my lovely pastor Mrs
24.   For the cuddle times with Aduke and how she can be sweetly annoying when sulking on her lips and placing her fingers on mine for stimulation.
25.   For the Nurses and Doctors that looked after my baby when she decided to come 10 weeks early. To the nurse that gave her cold milk straight out of the fridge when she was just about a week old. You thought me I should keep a diary or write a journal about important events
26.   For SALES and BOGOF’s.....
27.   Thankful to all my lovely friends, foes and followers that take time to read my blog and take even more time to comment and correct me. I love you all
28.   Lastly, I'm thankful for the 27 things  listed above

Happy Birthday to me again and I mean it when I said I'm a good cook.
Grilled chicken
Jollof rice, Fried Plantain and Chicken
Apple crumble and Ice-cream ( I know, it is not the traditional one)





10 comments:

  1. Arike Hardeymi24 July 2014 at 10:26

    Congratulations dear, wish we stayed together for a longer time. We are grateful for everything in life. God bless you and God bless me too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear. I'll always cherish every moment we spent together.x

      Delete
  2. Chei! This babe is the best cool in the world (after my mumsie *wink*) everything comes together both taste and texture. If we were in 9ja and she owned a restaurant id have sworn it was jazz. Happy birthday babe. You're such a blessing to people around you. Your confidence is magnetic and infectious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I meant cook*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday dear. Wishing you many more awesome years ahead. Stay Blessed.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I nominated you to do the Liebster Award! Check it out here: http://clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/the-liebster-award_29.html

    ps would love it if you checked out the rest of my blog :)
    clarkecouture.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday again Ajoke ti o common. I'm loving the food pictures, You have to make mine when we visit o.

    ReplyDelete